The Benefits of Vitamins
Dr. Bob Seiler, a Utah chiropractor, touts the benefits of vitamins in his holistic healing practice. Vitamins and minerals are necessary for proper body functions. Dr. Bob highlights some of the benefits of certain vitamins and their impact on the human body.
- Vitamin A â€“ This valuable vitamin helps the body repair tissues, including benefiting the skin. It also offers protection to the bodyâ€™s mucous membranes, helping reduce susceptibility to infections. Vitamin A is also responsible for gastric juice secretion, which is necessary for proper protein digestion. Vitamin A contributes to strong teeth and bones, blood, reproduction, immunity, eyesight maintenance and cell membrane stability.
- Vitamin B â€“ There are eight types of Vitamin B, including B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B5 (pantothenic acid), B6 (pyridoxine), B12 (cobalamin), biotin and folic acid. They are responsible for providing the body with much needed energy, nervous system functions, muscle tone maintenance and overall body health.
- Vitamin C â€“ This helps maintain the bodyâ€™s collagen, connective tissues, bones and ligaments. Vitamin C also plays an important role in helping burns and wounds heal. Vitamin C is also an antioxidant and helps act as an antihistamine.
- Vitamin D â€“ Known as the â€œsunshineâ€ vitamin, this vitamin is necessary to building strong bones.
- Vitamin E â€“ This vitamin is an antioxidant and plays a vital role in cellular respiration. Vitamin E allows nerves and muscles to function with less oxygen, helping increase the bodyâ€™s stamina and endurance. It also helps prevent blood clots from forming and helps patients suffering from edema.
- Calcium â€“ Approximately 99-percent of calcium is deposited in the bodyâ€™s teeth and bones. The remaining one-percent is used in the blood, soft tissues and intracellular fluids. Calcium is involved in heartbeat regulation, the cardiovascular system, blood clotting, hormone secretion, neurotransmitters and muscle growth.
- Phosphorus â€“ Found in every cell in the human body, phosphorus helps the body utilize fats, protein and carbohydrates for maintenance, repair and growth. Phosphorus is also responsible for reproduction and cell division.
- Potassium â€“ A combination of sodium and potassium helps regulate the bodyâ€™s water balance, distributing fluids to cell walls. Potassium is also responsible for regulating the transfer of nutrients to individual cells.
- Amino Acids â€“ Essential Amino Acids play a vital role in the body. These include Arginine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Tyrosine and Valine.Â
Dr. Bob is a Salt Lake City holistic chiropractor. He offers body mind healing, which includes focusing on negative energy blockages that can inhibit proper bodily functioning. With a special focus on physical, chemical and emotional stresses, he strives to change and balance these stressed systems, helping benefit the body and mind.