What Companies Want: The Benefits of Switching to VoIP
In todayâ€™s downturned economy, more businesses are switching to VoIP phone systems. Why this increased demand? InformationWeek Research conducted a study on 280 companies and the top reasons for switching to VoIP business services include:
- Reducing telecommunication costs;
- Merging data and voice networks;
- Having a one-stop communication platform in place that can be utilized in two or more areas;
- Promotes increased collaboration between business, clients and even satellite offices
- Easy to manage; and
- Is portable and offers advanced scalability in an uncertain economic time.
Some of the many benefits of switching to a VoIP hosted system include:
- Money â€“ Companies save thousands of dollars annually by switching to a VoIP business phone system when compared to a traditional telephone line. International calls are substantially cheaper with VoIP services and companies only receive one telephone bill for services. Some studies suggest that VoIP saves businesses up to 90% on international calls and 40% on local calls.
- Conference Calling â€“ While most traditional telephones only allow two people to communicate at one time, unless utilizing a speaker-phone option, VoIP easily allows advanced conference calling features, allowing teams to communicate in real time, despite locations.
- Inexpensive Hardware and Software â€“ As nearly every company automatically pays for an Internet connection, why not fully utilize this service? VoIP allows businesses to turn their computers or a VoIP telephone into one that uses a businessâ€™ current Internet for a call signal.
- Features â€“ Jive, an innovative VoIP provider, offers an abundance of high-tech calling features, including auto attendants, voicemail, caller ID, music on hold, call routing, virtual extensions, dial-by-name directory, call forwarding, call recording, call logs, call reports, unified messaging, message on hold, desktop integration, online fax, ring groups, Visual Dial Plan Editor, intercom, call queues, Find-Me Follow-Me, speed dial, custom schedules, remote access, LDAP Integration, call transfers and online PBX controls.
- Flexible Layouts â€“ VoIP offers flexible infrastructure when working with businessesâ€™ networks. As the system is more standardized than traditional telephone lines, VoIP requires less equipment and fewer hours managing a scaled-telephone system.
- Tele-working Benefits â€“ For businesses that use an extranet or intranet system, employees can access their office information easily from home over Jiveâ€™s VoIP hosted PBX system.Â
Ultimately, businesses not only benefit financially from switching to VoIP but also see a surge in employee production.